208. Finally, an accreditation for fire safety practitioners
Rob Broadhead of 2020 Fire Protection joins me with an update on the accreditation scheme (almost) in place for fire safety practitioners. * To quote Rob, his industry is now moving from “ragtag bunch of tradies” to “accredited professionals”. When we’re dealing with fire safety, that is indeed a welcome change. We also discuss the impact of the proposed new Fire Safety Standard for Short Term Rental Accommodation and whether Rob’s team has been feeling the impacts of COVID when it comes to gaining access to lots for fire safety inspections.
Also listen carefully for details of the new COVID & Strata information hub I have set up for you: covidandapartments.info[*Since recording, Rob has informed me that – as expected – the 6 April commencement date has been delayed. Sit tight for updates.]
- Get the transcript here!
- Episode 178. How to find a competent fire safety professional
- Fire Protection Association of Australia Registry
- 2020 Fire Protection Sydney Website
- Rob Broadhead’s LinkedIn
- Episode 204. **SPECIAL EPISODE** Coronavirus: can we avoid in-person strata meetings?
- Episode 206. Resilience and leadership during a crisis
- Episode 207. Apartment living in our changed world: your many questions answered