I’m releasing a special edition of the podcast this weekend, answering a question many owners, committee members and strata managers have been asking:
Do we have to hold our strata meetings in person? We’re all trying to reduce the risk and spread of infection. Is there a legal way to avoid in-person meetings?
This episode is your short guide to the current state of the law in NSW when it comes to strata meetings, in particular: what you need to cover off if you do not want to hold meetings in person.
- Get the transcript here!
- World Health Organisation (WHO) Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports
- Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID – 19) Health Alert
- Schedule 1 – Clause 28 – Manner of voting – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015
- Regulation 14 – Other means of voting – Strata Schemes Management Regulation 1996 (NSW)
- Schedule 2 – Clause 9 – Decisions at meetings – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- Schedule 2 – Clause 10 – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- Episode 167 – Defamatory emails | renovation approvals | expiry of agency agreements
- Section 153 – Owners, occupiers and other persons not to create nuisance – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- Allison Benson’s blog : Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Strata Schemes
- Your Strata Property Facebook page
- LookUpStrata Facebook page for the FB live on 16th March 2020
- NAT: Coronavirus & Strata – What Does the Legislation Say? Not Much