Shared Space: the WORLD’S FIRST online summit for strata property owners
Here’s your exclusive access to the Summit Sessions
9 world-leading experts on community, property and law…
Reena Van Aalst
In this session, Reena shares:
- how to avoid common renovation works pitfalls
- why it’s up to YOU to impress the strata manager you want to work with
- how to answer the emotional arguments put forward by owners who don’t want to invest in improving the common property…
In this session, Gordon shares:
- the “two futures” your building might have, and what they each could cost you
- how to ensure the right buyers are lining up for an apartment in YOUR building, not the one down the street
- why it’s essential for committees to have systems in place for the approval of renovation works applications…
Dr Alex Morris
In this session, Dr Alex shares:
- why we need to communicate differently online
- what we’re missing when we don’t interact face to face
- how to enjoy the best of both worlds: online and face to face
- how to structure your meeting agenda for best results…
In this session, Ethan shares:
- why NOW is exactly the right time for strata communities to focus on sustainability
- how you can get started on a project even if there’s no money in the capital works fund
- how he helped one building save $95,000 on their electricity bill in one year…
David Chandler OAM
In this session, David shares:
- the new legislation intended to clamp down on unscrupulous builders and developers
- why the “signatures for sale” days are over
- his plan to ensure 10 year warranty periods for apartment buildings…
Cat Carmichael, CMCA, PCAM
In this session, Cat shares:
- how the management community in the U.S is turning the crisis of the pandemic on its head
- why she’s concerned by short-sighted boards focussed only on the present
- the recruitment strategy that will secure talented people for a recession-proof industry…
In this session, Sam shares:
- the no. 1 reason people choose apartments
- why apartment investors have reason to smile during tough times
- what’s on the reform agenda for Australian Apartment Advocacy right now
- the upcoming education kit you’ll want to get your hands on…
In this special LIVE session, Amanda shares:
- what it takes to prove to the Tribunal that your community is dysfunctional
- why the appointment of a compulsory manager is not necessarily the outcome you should be seeking
- the no 1 thing that dramatically improves apartment living…
Your Summit Host: Amanda Farmer
Amanda Farmer is a lawyer with over 17 years’ experience advising apartment owners, communities, managers and developers.
As a Fellow of the Australian College of Strata Lawyers, Amanda is a recognised expert in the field of strata law.
Amanda is the owner of Lawyers Chambers, a Sydney legal practice focussed entirely on strata and community title law.
Since 2016, Amanda has hosted the Your Strata Property podcast, dedicated to demystifying the legal complexities of apartment living.
Amanda regularly delivers workshops, webinars and presents at conferences and events, often appearing in the media as a subject-matter expert.
As a resident in a strata scheme herself, Amanda is particularly passionate about helping residents to understand and implement the important steps towards a more peaceful experience of community living.
Our Summit Supporters
Frequently Asked Questions
Each day during Summit Week, we will release two Summit guest interviews. As long as you have claimed your free ticket, you will receive an email notification at 8am AEST on each morning during the Summit, letting you know which interviews have been released and how to access them. Those interviews will then be available for you to watch at any time during Summit week.
Absolutely! The knowledge shared by our guest experts is valuable for strata owners and managers alike.
This year’s summit sessions will not be publicly available once the summit is over. However, members of the Your Strata Property Online Community will continue to have access as part of their membership benefits. You can find out more about membership and secure your ongoing access to the summit sessions here: www.yourstrataproperty.com.au/membership.
We do not accept sponsorship for the Summit. Our official 2020 Summit supporters are LookUp Strata, The City of Sydney Council, Lannock Strata Finance, Smarter Communities and Strata Community Insurance. Our supporters make no financial contribution to the Summit, assisting us only to share with as many people as possible the opportunity to attend the Summit. If you’d like to support a future Shared Space Summit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org