Q&A Forum Rules
- These Rules should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions, which you agreed to when you became a YSP
- All capitalised terms used in these rules that are not otherwise defined in these rules have the meaning defined in the Terms and Conditions.
- All posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Members are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Members consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning.
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated.
- Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in these rules or the Terms and Conditions, they should bring it to our attention via email to email@example.com. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
- Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with “normal writing”. That is, users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; “Help me!”, “What should I do?”, “Does anyone have the answer to this?”, etc. Examples of good subjects include; “Do I need a by-law for my new kitchen”, “How do I appoint a new strata manager?”, “What constitutes a quorum?”, etc.
- Members are asked to not disclose to any third party or publicise any vulnerabilities in the Site before first notifying us. You should submit all finds to firstname.lastname@example.org. Time should be allowed for us, at least 3 working days wherever possible, to respond.
- We reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time.
- You agree that you will not:
(a) use the Forum for any illegal purpose.
(b) share your log in details. Your membership is only for your use.
(c) place any material in the Forum that violates the copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, confidential information or other rights of any other party.
(d) identify yourself in the Forum, including by using your full name as your username or posting questions, comments or answers in the Forum that would identify yourself, your address, any of your contact details, your building, your strata manager, your committee members, your neighbour or any other person, location or event that would lead to your own identification.
(e) place any material in the Forum that contains a false statement about any person, infringes upon the privacy rights of any other person, or threatens, harasses, abuses or embarrasses any other person, or attempts to do so.
(f) place any obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, discriminatory or violent materials, graphics, photographs, text or otherwise in the Forum.
(g) place any advertising, attempted business solicitation, marketing materials or sales promotional materials in the Forum.
(h) place materials of any kind in the Forum that are disruptive, offensive or off-topic.
- Should we deem that you are acting in breach of these rules, or contrary to the spirit of the Forum or the Site, or potentially using our Information Services for commercial gain, or in a manner which could damage our business and repute, we reserve the right to issue a warning, or to immediately exclude you from the Forum and/or the Site, and/or cancel your subscription, at any time and without notice to you, such choice to be in our sole discretion. We are under no obligation to make any refund to you.
- Any attempt to circumvent an exclusion or cancellation will lead to a permanent ban of your account. Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
For questions and notices, please contact us at:
Your Strata Property Pty Ltd (ACN 611 675 837)
98 Riley Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Last update: 4 October 2016