Michael Kleinschmidt of Stratum Legal joins me to shed some light on new COVID legislation impacting QLD body corporates. We discuss the status of strata law reform generally in QLD and why Michael believes buildings should have the option to serve meeting notices by Twitter, if it suits them. You’ll also want to tune in for the details of Michael’s new owner-advocacy group, established especially for Queenslanders.
- Get the transcript here!
- Episode 218. Expired agency agreements | OCs investing money | new COVID regulations
- Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997
- Consultation draft – BCCM(Standard Module) Regulation 2019
- Summary of proposed reforms – BCCM(Standard Module) Regulation 2019
- Strata Owners Queensland website
- Stratum Legal website
- QLD COVID legislation (see Part 2)