212. New strata laws finally commence in Western Australia
This week, I have the pleasure of Mark Atkinson’s company. The director of Atkinson Legal in Western Australia, Mark has been at the forefront of strata law reform in the state – a massive 24-year undertaking. Amendments to the Strata Titles Act 1985 (WA) commenced on 1 May 2020. Mark summarises the key changes for us and shares his predictions for how the new law will directly impact the management of WA strata buildings.
- Get the transcript here!
- Strata Titles Act 1985 as at 1 May 2020
- Episode 91. How WA’s highest court upheld a by-law preventing short stays
- Byrne v The Owners Of Ceresa River Apartments Strata Plan 55597  Wasca 104 (8 June 2017)
- Mark Atkinson Linkedin
- Mark Atkinson’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atkinson Legal contact number: 08 9221 7033