160. Why 70% of new apartment builds will have defects and what to do about it
Many of you have asked: “when are you going to do a podcast about defects and the appalling state of our newest buildings?” Well, this is it. And it’s not even my interview.
This week, I’m sharing the good work done by Veronica Morgan and Chris Bates as they talk to John Roydhouse, CEO of the Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia (NSW) and Jonathan Russell, national manager of public affairs at Engineers Australia. Together, they call out some huge “elephants in the room” including:
- that in NSW, anyone can call themselves an engineer – no qualifications required.
- that 7 out of 10 new residential buildings have defects
- how the Opal Tower and Lacrosse Tower disasters, or the London Grenfell Tower tragedy might have been prevented.
- Get the transcript here!
- 055. Veronica Morgan On Why Strata Purchasers Should Work With A Buyer’s Agent
- 115. Beware these rookie strata errors
- 132. Meet my Elephant
- 135. Reena delivers the truth about strata living
- National Engineering Register