196. When is it ok to withhold documents from inspection?
In this week’s solo episode, I’m explaining the concept of “legal professional privilege”. What is it, when does it attach to communications and should “privileged” documents be removed from a building’s books and records? I’m sharing the need-to-know court cases, practical tips to protect you and your clients and how to avoid the traps inexperienced players often fall in to.
- Get the transcript here!
- Episode 143. When are records privileged? Plus, a flooring case
- The Owners – Strata Plan No. 74602 v Eastmark Holdings Pty Limited (19 July 2013)
- Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 – Section 182
- Bretts Wharf – Hamilton QBCCMCmr 156 (22 March 2018)
- Owners Corporation RP003605 v Chung (Owners Corporations) VCAT 238 (27 February 2015)
- Listen to ‘Your Strata Property’ podcasts
- Join the waitlist for membership