159. What does strata building insurance cover?
This week, Reena and I enjoy a wide-ranging discussion covering these essential topics:
- a lot owner instructs a strata manager to apply their payment to levies only and not to interest or expenses. Does that instruction have to be followed?
- what does strata building insurance cover and how do you know you’re covered for the right amount?
- the Supreme Court confirms that, as long as 2 years have passed, exclusive use by-laws are validly repealed, even if lot owner consent was never provided.
- Get the transcript here!
- Your Strata Property Facebook Page
- Section 160, Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- Section 161, Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- Khadivzad v The Owner’s Strata Plan 53457  NSWSC 157 (26 February 2019)