246. Tree roots | insurance valuations | fence dispute win
No strangers to difficult times, Reena and I hit the ground running with this episode. We’re covering:
- the rights of a tenant when tree roots damage a sewer and cause flooding from that most undesirable of sources: the toilet
- the building with a diminishing valuation and a novel offer from a valuer
- why compulsory appointments won’t give you what you wish for, and
- the self-represented owner who took on her building over a fence and won at NCAT.
- Get the transcript here!
- Section 106 – Subsection 5 – Duty of owners corporation to maintain and repair property – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015
- Section 39 – Manner of calculation of insurance limit under damage policy – Strata Schemes Management Regulation 2016
- Section 161 – Requirements for damage policy – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015
- Section 237 – Orders for appointment of strata managing agent – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015
- Section 108 – Change to common property – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015
- Listen to ‘Your Strata Property’ podcasts