220. The immense power held by strata owners – with Cathy Sherry
This week, a blast from the past. Way back in September 2016 I spoke to Cathy Sherry about the surprisingly unfettered power strata owners have to regulate the private lives of their neighbours. At a time when this power has been tested and found to be stronger than ever (our NSW “pet” cases), I thought it opportune to revisit this popular episode.
- Get the transcript here!
- O’Connor (Senior) and others (Appellants) v The Proprietors, Strata Plan No. 51 (Respondent) (Turks and Caicos Islands)
- Owners Corporation Act 2006
- Owners Corporation SP 501391P v Balcombe  VSC 384 (22 July 2016)
- Companion Animals Act 1998 – Sect 31 Nuisance cats