Ethan Burns: Sustainable Apartment Living Made Easy
Links and resources for this Summit Session:
- Receive your invitation to the 2021 Shared Space Summit
- Get the transcript here!
- Sustainability Now Website
- Case Studies
- Energy Savings Scheme – Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal NSW
- Victorian Energy Upgrades Program – Essential Services Commission
- Renewable Energy Target – Australian Government Clean Energy Regulator
- Charge up your energy savings – NSW Government
- Business energy coaching application form – NSW Government
- Smart Green Apartments – City of Sydney
- Environmental grants – City of Sydney
- Smart Units Application -Kuringgai Council
- Registration for Building Futures – Waverly Council
- National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS)
- Find out more about Ethan here
- Your Strata Property Facebook Page – join us LIVE this afternoon
Ethan Burns is an Environmental Engineer and director of Sustainability Now, an energy consultancy specialising in residential strata buildings.
Ethan has helped over 500 residential strata communities with practical energy and water efficiency solutions since 2009. Typically, strata committees engage Ethan for an independent energy audit of the common areas and receive a report with prioritised, costed recommendations to improve energy efficiency, ranked with consideration of project ease, return on investment and carbon reduction. Ethan’s approach is personal and hands-on and may include presenting at strata meetings, helping with grant applications and project management.
Ethan has worked in the electricity generation, transmission & distribution industries for nearly 10 years prior to starting Sustainability Now and regularly consults to the NSW Department of Planning Industry & Environment on their NABERS for Apartment Buildings energy & water rating program and the City of Sydney Smart Green Apartments Program.
Our Summit Supporters
Frequently Asked Questions
Each day during Summit Week, we will release two Summit guest interviews. As long as you have claimed your free ticket, you will receive an email notification at 8am AEST on each morning during the Summit, letting you know which interviews have been released and how to access them. Those interviews will then be available for you to watch at any time during Summit week.
Absolutely! The knowledge shared by our guest experts is valuable for strata owners and managers alike.
This year’s summit sessions will not be publicly available once the summit is over. However, members of the Your Strata Property Online Community will continue to have access as part of their membership benefits. You can find out more about membership and secure your ongoing access to the summit sessions here: www.yourstrataproperty.com.au/membership.
We do not accept sponsorship for the Summit. Our official 2020 Summit supporters are LookUp Strata, The City of Sydney Council, Lannock Strata Finance, Smarter Communities and Strata Community Insurance. Our supporters make no financial contribution to the Summit, assisting us only to share with as many people as possible the opportunity to attend the Summit. If you’d like to support a future Shared Space Summit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org