192. Smoking nuisance | committee waives interest on levies | defamation
In this final episode for 2019, Reena and I cover:
- smoking: who can suffering residents blame and what rights do tenants have?
- whether a committee has the power to waive interest on overdue levies
- the 3 months’ notice strata managers are required to give, prior to the expiry of their contract, and
- the NSW Court of Appeal’s recent decision on ‘defamatory’ emails.
Have a fabulous holiday season. I’ll be back with you on New Year’s Day.
- Get the transcript here!
- Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 – Section 153
- Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 – Section 85
- Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 – Section 50
- Gisks v The Owners Strata Plan No 6743
- Bhandari v Laming  NSWCATAP 224
- Episode 167.Defamatory emails | renovation approvals | expiry of agency agreements
- Latest update on Murray v Raynor  NSWCA 274 (13 November 2019)