On Wednesday this week, it became much easier for residents in NSW strata buildings to keep pets in their homes. In this episode, I unpack the new legislation, including its impact on existing by-laws that restrict the keeping of animals.
- Get the transcript here!
- Read the Cooper Decision here
- Section 139 – Restrictions on by-laws – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- The text of section 137B is here
- Regulation 36A
- Pets in Strata Report
- Section 55 – Interpretation – Companion Animals Act 1998 (NSW)
- Section 34 – Authorised office may declare dog to be dangerous dog or menacing dog
- Residential Tenancies Act 2010 (NSW)