Sara has filed an application for the appointment of a compulsory managing agent to her dysfunctional owners corporation. In this call, I help Sara to correct some fatal flaws in her case before it’s too late and show her how to focus on the critical elements to be proven, pursuant to the legislation and case law.
This is an important discussion for anyone appearing before the Tribunal as a self-represented litigant, whether you are seeking orders for the appointment of a compulsory manager or something different.
Links and Resources mentioned:
- Get your copy of the transcript here!
- Podcast Episode 222. Your Guide to Compulsory Appointments
- Summit Session 2020 – Amanda Farmer: Are we dysfunctional? How to Fix a Broken Community
- Bischoff & Ors v Rita Sahade & Anr  NSWCATAP 135 (8 July 2015)
- Section 237 – Orders for appointment of strata managing agent – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- Qualified request form with cover letter seeking support member only template
- Section 19 – Other general meetings – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015