In this call, I arm Rita with a case from the Western Australian Court of Appeal, to give her some inspiration and energy to continue her battle to access her strata company’s books and records. We discuss the process of asking the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) to appoint an administrator to manage her dysfunctional community, and how she might pitch her campaign for change to her fellow owners.
Links and Resources mentioned:
- Get your copy of the transcript here!
- Section 107 – Application by person with proper interest in information – Strata Titles Act 1985 (WA)
- Section 108 – Contact Information – Strata Titles Act 1985 (WA)
- Engwirda -v- The Owners of Queens Riverside Strata Plan 55728  WASCA 190 (28 November 2019) Case
- Section 205 – Administrator of strata company – Strata Titles Act 1985 (WA)
- Hockey & Anor and Owners of Mount Bakewell Resort Strata Plan 18228  WASAT 64 (2 May 2013) Case
- The Owners of 43 Kinsella Street Joondanna Strata Plan 14493 and Sjepcevich  WASAT 15 (5 February 2014)