Member call no. 30: Obtaining orders for removal of an illegal floor
Katrina’s committee has been involved in protracted NCAT proceedings, seeking the removal of an illegal hard floor. I help Katrina to decide the best next steps to move the case forward and achieve a result that will retain some level of harmony between the offending owner and the committee, while ensuring the ongoing peaceful enjoyment of other occupiers.
Links and resources mentioned:
- Gurram v Owners Corporation SP 36589  NSWCATCD 39 (9 August 2018)
- Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 – Sect 110
- Residential Tenancies Act 2010
- Episode 216. Why the real estate sector must understand strata – with Leanne Pilkington
- The Owners – Strata Plan No 55773 v Roden; Spiers v The Owners – Strata Plan No 77953  NSWCATAP 95