Member call no. 25: A win for Heather and her greyhound
Heather’s building prevents occupiers keeping pets without the approval of the Owners Corporation and Heather’s request to keep a greyhound has been unreasonably refused. I walk Heather through how she might prove “unreasonableness” under section 157 of the NSW law, including the practical steps she can take immediately to fast track her success.
I am happy to report that I have since heard from Heather and after she took the steps we discuss in this call, the Owners Corporation approved her request! She is expecting a new family member very soon.
Links and resources mentioned:
- Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 – Section 157 Order permitting keeping of animal
- Application for strata mediation (Fair Trading NSW Website)
- Episode 148. How one building successfully lifted a pet ban
- Strata Committee of Owners Corporation SP 75226 v Ison  NSWCATAP 2 (3 January 2018)
- Member call no. 8: Natalie proceeds to NCAT after 4 years of water penetration
- Capcelea v The Owners – Strata Plan No 48887  NSWCATCD 27 (15 March 2019)
- Episode 019. How To Deal With Pets In Strata Buildings – Dr Emma Power