Member call no. 23: Achieving common property repairs in a 2-lot scheme
Sandra is an owner in an unusual 2-lot scheme: her unit entitlement is 35 and her neighbour’s is 65. As you can imagine, this is causing some problems, particularly when it comes to the repair and maintenance of common property. In this call, I arm Sandra with the tools she needs to resolve moisture ingress in her home, as well as to respond to her neighbour’s unreasonable demand that she prune a tree that is apparently encroaching on the common property.
Links and resources mentioned:
- Mould – who is responsible for payment of cleaning of mould?
- Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 – Section 106
- 203. Owners can no longer claim damages in the Tribunal (interview with Allison Benson)
- Land and Environment Court of NSW – Tree disputes
- Common Property or Owners – Trees in backyards
- Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 – Section 80