147. Making lot owners responsible for common property in small schemes
This week, Reena and I discuss how the owners in a very small scheme (eg: two lots) may live “together but separately”, by taking on personal responsibility for the common property adjacent to their lot. We also explore the types of situations which may give rise to a strata lawyer having a conflict of interest, and I ask Reena whether strata managers can be appointed for a term that is “until the next AGM.”
- Get the transcript here!
- Section 50 (Term of appointment of strata managing agents) – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015
- Section 49 (Appointment of strata managing agents) – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015
- Section 55 (Access generally by landlord to residential premises without consent) – Residential Tenancies Act 2010
- Section 124 (Orders by Tribunal relating to entry to carry out work or inspections) – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015
- Section 106 (Duty of owners corporation to maintain and repair property) – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015