Last Friday I interviewed Jo Cooper and her lawyer, Sharon Levy, over on our Facebook page. Jo is the lot owner who recently convinced the NSW Court of Appeal that the by-law banning pets at her building is invalid. This episode is an edited version of that chat, taking your behind the scenes of this landmark case and confirming the important legal principles it establishes for all strata communities.
- Get the transcript here!
- Watch Amanda’s Facebook Live with Jo Cooper and Sharon Levy here!
- Read the Cooper decision here
- Yardy v Owners Corporation SP 57237  NSWCATCD 19(19 February 2018) Case
- Section 137A – Short-term Rental Accommodation – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- Jo Cooper’s ePetition calling for the end of blanket pet bans in New South Wales Strata Schemes