When a landlord has to shell out thousands of dollars in compensation to a tenant because of a wet, mouldy apartment, what rights do they have to claim that loss from their owners corporation?
I’m unpacking two instructive cases coming out of the NSW Tribunal’s Residential Tenancy List last month.
- Get the transcript here!
- Strata Legislation Amendment Bill 2023
- Your Strata Property Facebook page
- Your Strata Property Youtube channel
- Amanda’s LinkedIN Profile
- Watch the entire Facebook LIVE here
- Need a safe place to get some answers? Join us!
- Episode 383. New Strata Laws Proposed for NSW: Here’s the Need-To-Know
- Landlord ordered to pay tenants $14k over mouldy property Article
- Fathisharghbin v Radford  NSWCATCD 123 (13 September 2023) Case
- Warland v Huang  NSWCATCD 115 (20 September 2023) Case
- Residential Tenancies Act 2010 (NSW)
- Section 106 | Duty of owners corporation to maintain and repair property | Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- NSW Strata Managers: join Amanda in Mudgee