This week, I’m sharing a REPLAY of one of our top 5 most popular podcast episodes: Successful Strata Records Inspections.
A source of frustration for many owners, records inspections is one of the subjects I am most frequently asked about. In this episode, I share my 4 steps to a successful strata records inspection, including what to do when particular records are withheld for ‘privacy’ or ‘legal’ reasons.
- Get the transcript here!
- Episode 281. “What do they do?” How strata managers are failing to show their value to owners
- Section 182 – Requests for inspection of records of owners corporation – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- Section 183 – Inspection of owners corporation documents – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- Schedule 4 – Fees – Strata Schemes Management Regulation 2016 (NSW)
- Legge v Network Strata Services Pty Ltd (Strata and Community Schemes)  NSWCTTT 45 (8 January 2013)
- Walker v The Owners – Strata Plan No 1992  NSWCATAP 192 (16 September 2020)
- Section 188 – Order to apply information or documents – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- Section 227 – Certain applications cannot be accepted without prior mediation – Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW)
- Episode 030. How Private Are Owners’ Personal Details When it Comes to Strata Books and Records?
- Episode 062. In Conversation With Reena Van Aalst – Proxy Forms Under new Law And Who Can View Strata Records?
- Episode 143. When are records privileged? Plus, a flooring case
- Episode 185. Isolation valves | leases vs by-laws | access to strata records