I’m joined by fellow strata lawyer, Allison Benson. Allison recently appeared in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal on behalf of an owners corporation seeking to enforce its cost recovery by-laws. In this chat, we discuss the Tribunal’s decision, how that decision may impact future attempts by OCs to recover costs from lot owners, and the prospect of legislative reform to better protect buildings troubled by serial by-law breachers.
- Get the transcript here!
- Allison Benson’s Blog
- Episode 203. Owners can no longer claim damages in the Tribunal
- Facebook Friday LIVE – with Amanda Farmer and THREE SECRET SPECIAL GUESTS!
- Facebook Friday LIVE – with Amanda Farmer discussing about the Coscuez NCAT decision
- Coscuez NCAT decision
- Coscuez International Pty Ltd v The Owners – SP No 46433  NSWCATAP 147 (9 May 2022)
- The Owners – SP No 91684 v Liu; The Owners – SP No 90189 v Liu (NSW)